D11919: support for standalone ksplash themes

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 4 14:41:31 UTC 2018

mart added a comment.

  In D11919#239761 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11919#239761>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > I'm a bit confused by a few things.
  >
  > 1. We seem to have our own generic ksplash package format already. See KCMSplashScreen::load  ~128 Which isn't deleted. How do your changes tie in with that - and with the existing themes?

  right now it just checks in lnf packages that provide a splashscreen, the changes keep that compatible, so all lnf packages with a splash will be listed

  > 2. What's the advantage of using a separate package over re-using LnF packages with just ksplash in it.

  the idea is the store wants to move all packages that have a splash and nothing else as a separate splashscreen category and not having them listed in look and feel if everything it does is to just change the splash screen.
  the separate package format is just a lnf package format with everything that is not a splashscren removed, so they would go in the splashscreen category in store.kde.org

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in kcm.cpp:152
> This is loading separate splash packages

availablepackages goes trough all the installed lnf packages and takes all those which actually do provide a splashscreen in it.
i added also the packages installed in their own prefix, so it will list both

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop