D11071: [RFC] [Active Window Control] Allow global menu be left alligned with buttons on right

Martin Kostolný noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 2 19:57:40 UTC 2018

martinkostolny added a comment.

  Sorry for being dark for so long, Radek. I was busy and I hope it will get better. Thanks a lot for your ideas.

  > Is floating really floating or just another layer of occupying?

  You are right, it should be another level of occupying. I haven't thought that one through enough.

  > show on: mouse out | mouse in | always (and possibly never show unless it is covered by other options, show on mouse out not available for buttons and appmenu)

  This one I don't fully understand. Why show on: mouse_out|mouse_in for all items is not enough to satisfy all scenarios?

  > checkbox to restrict mouse area used by "show on" option only to rect occupied by given item

  Good idea!

  > Some predefined presents are a great idea -- do you intent to support saving current setup as a present?

  Ideally yes along with export/import presets.

  > I think this is an important feature, I tried implementing it in D11073 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11073>.

  I can see you put a lot of work into it and I still have it in mind. Thanks! I intend to review and accept it soon.

  > Also why is the backend plugin private?

  The backend plugin was basically copied from existing Global Menu plasmoid - that was also a private plugin. I think the Global Menu one should one day be public so it can be used by other widgets.

  > active window control is a 3rd party plasmoid, right?

  @mart: yes, it is. I intended to request addition of this widget to kdeplasma-addons once these usability issues are resolved.

REPOSITORY
  R884 Active Window Control Applet for Plasma