Status Report on Purism/Librem 5 situation

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Fri Sep 29 10:40:38 UTC 2017

Hello Everybody,

From an email Todd Weaver, CEO at Purism, sent us recently:

============
>We are planning on hiring staff in November, and that is where we have the
plan of spearheading KDE on our hardware.

> We have a few early production development boards, we plan to get into the
hands of one of our KDE focused developers, so also hope to put out some KDE
on development progress.

>We also would like to provide that hardware to key KDE developers probably in
December of this year or January of 2018.

>Are there additional things you'd like us to do? (regarding the campaign
page, is there something more specific or language we should change?)

>Thanks again for your support here, and let me know what you'd like to see
more (if anything) from us.
=============

And then François Téchené, Director of Creative at Purism, sent us this:

=============
> I have added this image in the "Software" section:
>
> https://puri.sm/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/librem5-gnome-kde-diversity.jpg
>
> I also asked Matthias Klumpp, one of our developers who is in touch with KDE
developers to get me a couple of Plasma mobile screenshots. I should have them
pretty soon.

> I plan to replace a few GNOME screens with KDE ones on the page(including
the top image)

> I also plan to update the video as it is not showing any KDE screen.
>
> Hopefully, all this will be done by the end of next week.

So things are going swimmingly. Please continue to spread the word and let's
all make a phone!

Cheers

Paul
--