D8039: Support software QtQuickRendering in Aurorae

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 28 18:33:01 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: KWin, kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  For software QtQuick rendering we want to create a pixmap buffer and
  render our contents in there.

  m_rendercontrol->grab does this, but also covers the GL side in pretty
  much the same way that we were currently doing.

  Some calls are redundant in software mode, but they don't do any harm,
  and I didn't want to pollute the code.

  In doing so I found a bug in Qt, that's submitted upstream, and also worked round.

TEST PLAN
  Tested with forced software mode, could see an Aurorae decorations
  Tested without (so normal code), could see an Aurorae

  Whether we then end up using GL, painter or xrender rendering is irrelevant
  (but I tested two of them anyway)

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

AFFECTED FILES
  plugins/kdecorations/aurorae/src/aurorae.cpp