D7941: use Kirigami Theme for colors

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 26 12:52:21 UTC 2017

mart added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7941#148757, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > This is set to be a framework.
  >  We can't have a framework that imports something from workspace.

  it imports kirigami, which is a framework, so it just makes it tier2

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in Label.qml:32
> This change is unrelated.
> Also I said in a review about how we shouldn't be doing this.

it is as since StylePrivate is mostly binding QPalette colors, all its uses should be eventually removed

> davidedmundson wrote in kquickstyleitem.cpp:167
> I don't understand what this is doing? It looks wrong?

it's getting (and eventually creating if didn't exist yet) the attached property Kirigami.Theme, which is a subclass of the public symbol PlatformTheme, which is guaranteed to exist at that point

> davidedmundson wrote in kquickstyleitem.cpp:709
> This area needs some tidying.
>
> Also we need this line if the palette isn't explicitly set to something else.

definitely a mess, yeah :)
Anyways, the idea is not to use anymore the qapplication's palette as areas of the application window can use a completely different palette.
so m_theme->palette() will fallback to QApplication::palette() when the runtime integration to kcolorscheme is not installed, and instead will be built upon KColorscheme when https://phabricator.kde.org/D7940 is installed

REPOSITORY
  R858 Qt Quick Controls 2: Desktop Style