D7953: Use QQuickStyle to set the QQC2 style

Antonio Rojas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 23 14:12:13 UTC 2017

arojas created this revision.
arojas added reviewers: davidedmundson, Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Use QQuickStyle::setStyle instead of an environment variable to set the QQC2 desktop style. This prevent the style from being inherited by plasmashell (or krunner) child processes, which makes QGuiApplications crash. The QQC1 style still needs to be set via an environment variable, so we explicitely unset it for non-QApplications to prevent them from crashing.

  This adds a new QtQuickControls dependency, I hope it's OK at this stage (as it's already a dependency of other Plasma repos)

TEST PLAN
  Run systemsettings5 -> it is correctly themed
  Run minuet (pure QQC2) -> it doesn't crash
  Run kalgebra-mobile (QQC1 + QQC2) -> it doesn't crash.

REPOSITORY
  R135 Integration for Qt applications in Plasma

AFFECTED FILES
  CMakeLists.txt
  src/platformtheme/CMakeLists.txt
  src/platformtheme/kdeplatformtheme.cpp