D7856: Make xstacking order dirty handling work without X11

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 17 07:31:04 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: KWin, Plasma.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The xStackingOrder unlike indicated by it's name is relevant for both
  X11 and Wayland and contains the stacking order of the windows used for
  compositing.

  So far it was determined whether it needs to be recreated based on
  whether an xcb query is pending. This change introduces a boolean
  variable to check whether the stacking order is dirty and guards the X11
  specific code to only be run if we have an X11 connection.

  This is to my current knowledge the last remaining issue where X11 was
  used during the normal Wayland operation mode. Now it should be possible
  to re-order the Workspace startup [1] and try to run kwin_wayland without
  Wayland support.

  [1] Workspace::Workspace and Workspace::init is still highly X11
  specific and needs to be split into X11 only and general parts.

TEST PLAN
  Compiles

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin