D7648: Fix ksysguard not starting on plasmoid click

Mladen Milinkovic noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 7 23:19:02 UTC 2017

maxrd2 added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7648#142638, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Thanks, but do you know why the apps datasource doesn't have that entry after a while?

  I've managed to get some more insight into original problem.
  It seems that after some system updates, desktop database gets updated, and that triggers a bunch of onSourcesChanged+onSourcesRemoved events, followed by a bunch onSourcesChanged+onSourceAdded events.
  Since I'm on rolling distro i get updates very frequently and this problem happens to me pretty frequently.

  After .desktop database is updated these events are fired on 'apps' dataengine:

    .... bunch of events for various .desktop files....
    Sep 08 00:44:19
      onSourcesChanged()
      onSourceDisconnected() org.kde.ksysguard.desktop
      onConnectedSourcesChanged()
      onSourceRemoved() org.kde.ksysguard.desktop
    .... bunch of events for various .desktop files....
    Sep 08 00:47:01
      onSourceAdded() org.kde.ksysguard.desktop
    .... bunch of events for various .desktop files....
    Sep 08 00:47:43
      onSourceRemoved() org.kde.ksysguard.desktop
    .... bunch of events for various .desktop files....
    Sep 08 00:49:54
      onSourceAdded() org.kde.ksysguard.desktop
    .... bunch of events for various .desktop files....

  No onSourceConnected() event was fired for "org.kde.ksysguard.desktop" after it has been disconnected -> removed -> added -> removed -> added.
  It wasn't connected to datasource again after it was updated and re-added and thus apps.data["org.kde.ksysguard.desktop"] became undefined.

  I can look into fixing/changing apps dataengine and making it re-connect "lost" sources if that is desired.
  Is that supposed to happen automatically or is qml script supposed to re-connect "lost" sources during onSourceAdded event?

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons

BRANCH
  launch-change