Plasma 5.11 repos

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Wed Sep 6 11:49:16 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 01:01:46PM +0200, Harald Sitter wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
>> > qqc2-desktop-style will not be included
>>
>> :O but kirigami/qqc is fairly defunct without this
>
> The hope is to include is in frameworks. Since kirigami is also in
> frameworks that's the sensible place to put it.  Maybe Marco can give
> us the status of that.

Sure, but... 5.38 is tagged already, so it could only become a
framework for 5.39.. and that is a problem.

KF 5.39 is scheduled for release on Oct 14.
Plasma 5.11 is schedule for release on Oct 10, which would have no
QQC2 style for 4 days.
Plasma 5.11's only beta is next week, which would have no QQC2 style at all.

As I've said kirigami very much needs the style to properly integrate
into the workspace, so releasing entirely without the style seems
super ill-advised given discover and systemsettings would have
"severe" style issues. At least for the beta there needs to be a
release in some form or fashion outside frameworks. For the Plasma
final release we maybe can wiggle through with the beta release as a
stop-gap for that 4 day time window until frameworks releases? Or
maybe dfaure could be swayed to move the frameworks release forward?

HS