Plasma Mobile on the Librem 5 (please ignore previous two mails)

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 15:01:33 UTC 2017

Am 2017-09-05 12:10, schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
>> Also, fun bits happen, for example Debian updated your copyright in
>> the kwin package, Neon forgot to do that, but instead added other
>> copyright holders Debian missed. Also, Neon adds
>> "KF5IdleTimeKWinWaylandPrivatePlugin.so" to the kwin-common package,
>> while in Debian it's in kwin-wayland (where it belongs, I guess?).
>> Debian also builds proper debugsymbols using the dbgsym support in
>> Debian, while Neon is using legacy stuff.
>
> Thanks for your bug reports, we also accept patches or bugs on
> bugs.kde.org or KDE devs can commit directly :)

Before you start changing stuff: I think your packaging is correct here.
The plugin gets loaded by kwin-core (which is part of kwin-common). The
behavior with the plugin missing could become undefined any time the
code changes and nobody would notice. So only packaging together with
main_wayland as Debian does is dangerous :-)

Cheers
Martin