D3805: Per-activity favorites (Final, again?)

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 5 14:37:01 UTC 2017

hein added a comment.

  It aaaalmost looked good, but I got this bug back:

  1. add fav to current activity (activity 1)
  2. add to activity 2 by checking in context menu while in activity 1
  3. switch to activity 2, verify it was added
  4. switch back to activity 1, in context menu uncheck activity 1
  5. switch back to activity 2 to verify it's still there - but it's gone

  I tried to repeat those steps and then at step 3, the favorite that disappeared at step 5 actually did show up. So this might be a case where the model didn't refresh correctly on activity switch? However with the new favorite I was trying it with, it didn't disappear. Then when I tried it again after trying some other things, it happened again, and other favorites disappeared as well alongside it.

  Another UX note: At some point during testing I added a new favorite directly to all activities. Then I switched from activity 1 to activity 2, and I saw on activity 2 the favorite wasn't appended to the list but appeared in front of the activity 2-only favorites. This isn't a huge deal breaker, although I feel like it might be simpler and more predictable for users to always just append - I thought the applets now have their own ordering conceptually so I was sort of surprised this didn't happen. But maybe I'm misunderstanding how per-applet ordering and global ordering (new applets need to get ordering from somewhere I guess ...) interact, or should interact. So don't get too scared by this feedback ...