D7648: Fix ksysguard not starting on plasmoid click

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 3 12:40:46 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  The problem I have is that if we see a bug, and then work round it instead of understanding it, we still have a bug - and that will just come up again in a different place again and again.

  > I have also noticed with this change that there is no (few second) delay after clicking the applet and ksysguard starting to launch.

  That comes back to the exact same question; why is there a few second delay when getting a (supposedly) pre-cached entry from the DataEngine.

  -----

  The other viable option, which IMHO would make this code far far neater is adding a

  KRunProxy::openService(const QString name); in kdeclarative
   which uses KService::serviceByName() instead of serviceByDesktopPath

  then we can kill the apps dataengine completely and not have to worry about it.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons