D7558: kcms/input: Allow WheelScrollLines = 0; some code cleanup

Valeriy Malov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 1 16:47:01 UTC 2017

valeriymalov added a comment.

  It does work with both evdev-controlled pointers, libinput-controlled pointers and even on Wayland. As far as I understand, it just controls how Qt apps react to single "full" scroll event. It's doesn't affect system scroll speed, although takes it in account.

  X11 doesn't seem to expose a good mechanism for controlling system-wide scroll speed anyway, judging by xinput:

  - evdev exposes "Scroll Distance", which can only slow down the scrolling whole number of times and makes GTK+ apps behave weird
  - libinput doesn't seem to expose any options related to scroll speed at all?

  So this can't be done, this shouldn't be done or this should be done other way? Should this just be a separate checkbox "disable scrolling in Qt applications" or it's a completely useless feature?

  Also, anything on the other commit (refactor changes)? MouseConfig::apply() eventually needs to be split into multiple parts since right now it's a lot of evdev code and not all of it works on libinput devices. If the commit doesn't belong in this diff, I can put it with eventual X11 libinput support then.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop