D8582: [platforms/drm] Add support for rotation property on the Plane

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 31 19:04:49 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Do you think we'll need a compositor fallback?

  *If* we do have a compositor fallback, then I don't see the point of a DRM specific codepath, it's not going to have any slower having a transform in painting, and will just result in one code path not getting tested.

  To mostly answer my own question:

  In hwcomposer, it seems we have a transform attribute on the layer.

  For nested wayland we can set a transform on our wl_surface.

  For FBDev or nested in X, I don't think we can. But probably don't care?

INLINE COMMENTS

> drm_object_plane.h:63
> +    enum class Rotation {
> +        Rotate0 = 1 << 0,
> +        Rotate90 = 1 << 1,

why don't we use DRM_MODE_ROTATE_0 for the values?

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin