D8564: Disallow drop of task manager widgets outside of plasmoid when locked

Emirald Mateli noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 31 08:58:50 UTC 2017

emateli created this revision.
emateli added a reviewer: plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This patch disallows dropping task manager items outside of the plasmoid when widgets are locked.
  As a user whose primary device is a laptop (with a touch screen at that) I find myself involuntarily dragging task manager icons to other applications, such as a maximized browser window or a code editor. This leads to `.desktop` files being dropped in various applications, which I can assume is not something one wants to do very often(if at all?).

  This patch disables this functionality when widgets are locked. When they are unlocked the behaviour stays the same(so icons can be dragged into the desktop and so on).

  This affects "Task Manager" and "Icons-Only Task manager" plasmoids.

TEST PLAN
  Have a panel with task manager

  - Lock widgets
  - Try to drop icons outside of panel

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  disable-drop

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/taskmanager/package/contents/ui/Task.qml
  applets/taskmanager/plugin/draghelper.cpp