D8524: Add a signal notifying a change in the names of running activities.

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 30 07:08:37 UTC 2017

hein added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8524#161438, @ivan wrote:

  > Also, not sure adding a signal that has one user only to a shared library is the best approach, especially since .h says this:
  >
  >   37  * @NOTE: This is a placeholder, to be moved into KActivities (which it
  >   38  * wraps) or the Task Manager applet backend.
  >

  > But this is your call.

  I agree, but I already petitioned the upstream KActivities lib author for a less awkward API for this and failed, so I had to bite the bullet.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ivan wrote in activityinfo.cpp:52
> This screams `shared_ptr`, for example to a structure holding a consumer and the model.

I'm not going to refactor this code considerably and risk more breakage for a minor fix, especially as this pattern is used elsewhere in the lib and was reviewed as such already.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace