D8460: Refactor kcm_input to enable having multiple backends.

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 26 02:07:58 UTC 2017

subdiff added a comment.

  A kapplymousetheme binary is for sure only needed in the context of X. I would therefore not write it by the tools of the backend plugin system, but leave it as it is and put it in the X11 backend directory (and put its cmake code into the X11 cmake file). That will reduce the necessary linking for the binary.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mouse.cpp:82
>  MouseConfig::MouseConfig(QWidget *parent, const QVariantList &args)
> -  : KCModule(parent, args)
> +  : KCModule(parent, args), backend(MouseBackend::implementation())
>  {

Break into two lines.

> mousebackend.cpp:32
> +    //There are multiple possible backends
> +    if (KWindowSystem::isPlatformX11()) {
> +        static QThreadStorage<QSharedPointer<X11MouseBackend>> backend;

Until there is a full backend plugin for Wayland the X backend needs to be used on Wayland as well for Xwayland stuff (see the `extern "C"` method).

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop