D8449: Have a default backend (if one available)

Crypto Dude noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 25 19:52:12 UTC 2017

cryptodude added a comment.

  Ok, I see the confusion.  The name of this pull request uses the word 'default' and that confused everyone.

  What I meant with that is that the User Interface should respond to the packager picking a default. The UI itself does not pick a default. It just avoids showing an option that isn't actually an option for the user.

  So if you have a neon install and the packager only auto-installs CryFS, then we simply auto-select CryFS for him. Making the UI simpler.
  In the rare case where a user finds multiple backends installed, then I added a priority to start the user with the highest prio.

  The word "default" here is just respecting the distros choice.

  > p.s. BTW, do you have push access? If not, and you plan to help around with Vault (which would be great), you should probably ask for it.

  No, I don't. Can you point out how that works? I'm rather new to the KDE development process.

REPOSITORY
  R845 Plasma Vault