D8449: Have a default backend (if one available)

Crypto Dude noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 24 17:51:36 UTC 2017

cryptodude added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8449#159406, @ivan wrote:

  > Having a default backend (IMO) has nothing to do with the UI.

  I'm not sure what else it would have an effect on. Default to me means its just a suggested one and users can still override it.

  Where else would you do that than in the UI ?

  > What is the rationale behind changing a combo-box (a widget designed for multiple choice questions) to a button?

  The combobox is still there. Its just not made visible until the user indicates they want to actually see it.

  I pasted two screenshots. I'll try to implement the actual functionality soon so you can play with it.

  > I do not mind making CryFS the 'by default selected' choice. But going more than that... at this point no.

  Thats all I suggested anyway :)

  > The only "new generation" system that I've seen the audit of is gocryptfs. And that will be probably the next backend Vault will get.

  Awesome!

REPOSITORY
  R845 Plasma Vault