D8449: Have a default backend (if one available)

Ivan Čukić noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 24 16:29:41 UTC 2017

ivan added a comment.

  Having a default backend (IMO) has nothing to do with the UI. What is the rationale behind changing a combo-box (a widget designed for multiple choice questions) to a button?

  As far as CryFS vs EncFS - yes, CryFS is designed to avoid all the problems that EncFS has. No, we do not know that it is more secure since there was no independent audit of CryFS. It might have serious problems in other areas.

  I do not mind making CryFS the 'by default selected' choice. But going more than that... at this point no.

  The only "new generation" system that I've seen the audit of is gocryptfs. And that will be probably the next backend Vault will get.

REPOSITORY
  R845 Plasma Vault