D8449: Have a default backend (if one available)

Crypto Dude noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 24 13:45:41 UTC 2017

cryptodude created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The creation of a new vault uses a wizard.

  The first page of the wizard currently shows a combobox with 2 backends, with one semi-randomly selected by default.
  The user is instructed to pick one.

  Following the bugreport on one of the backend packages being scary to install on neon, I'm proposing we make the wizard a little more wizardly. But without losing any functionality. Users that want can still do all they can do now.

  We make it easier for most users while not limiting the advanced ones.

  BUG: 385971

  I'm just uploading the first version. WIP! Do I need to relogin to make a kded module show up? Or is there some trick I can use to do the development of this a little bit easier.

  F5447549: screen2.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5447549>

  F5447548: screen1.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5447548>

REPOSITORY
  R845 Plasma Vault