System Settings KCM Tidying

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Oct 23 14:15:57 UTC 2017

Am 2017-10-23 11:10, schrieb David Edmundson:
> Andres Betts has done a fantastic job of a tonne of doing an initial
> mockup of the new KCMs.
>
> The mockups are available here:
> https://phabricator.kde.org/M112
>
> This is going to be a combination of UI redesign, code cleanup and
> QtQuick porting.
>
> We have a workboard to track them all redesigns/porting here:
>
> https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/254/
>
> If you want to work on a KCM, we should split into a new pholio review
> for that KCM, discuss details, and add a link (edit related objects)
> in the pholio to the task in the workboard. Llike here:
> https://phabricator.kde.org/M111
>
> Please ignore the new sidebar for now.
>
> It's a good opportunity for anyone to get involved, just assign the
> task to yourself.
>
> I think most of these need a bit of back and forth before even
> starting coding.
>
> Possibly even working mockups.
>
> I want to see things done properly per KCM so that they last the next
> 15 years; Any new KCM should have working i18n, a10y, RTL, keybaord
> nav and be super super tested, before merging.
>
> As 5.12 is LTS, lets not treat the workboard as a race, there is a
> branch in plasma-desktop called KcmQmlPorts that is worth making use
> of.

My request for KWin is maximum of one KCM per release cycle. I'm
expecting regressions due to the age of the code (sorry, experience).

For the LTS cycle the best candidate would be decoration KCM as it is
already qml based. All other are more dangerous to adjust and I would
recommend to not risk in LTS cycle.

For what is worth: I don't have time to work on any, I think Wayland is
more important. This includes reviews.

Cheers
Martin