D8398: [drm] Implement changing of modes

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 21 15:12:30 UTC 2017

subdiff added a comment.

  Nice!

  You are using AMS on your testing machine I assume? The mode change should currently not work in legacy mode, because `m_modesetRequested` gets only used by AMS. Without AMS you need to call directly `setModeLegacy` with a black buffer. Or maybe just test on `m_modesetRequested` in `presentLegacy` on the next present. This said is there the possibility that the next present won't come soon (also relevant for AMS, where the mode gets changed with the next present)?

INLINE COMMENTS

> drm_output.cpp:725
> +    ScopedDrmPointer<_drmModeConnector, &drmModeFreeConnector> connector(drmModeGetConnector(m_backend->fd(), m_conn->id()));
> +    if (connector->count_modes <= modeIndex) {
> +        // TODO: error?

Also make sure `modeIndex>=0`.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin