D7424: Very slightly increase text contrast for the default Breeze color scheme

Julian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 20 13:48:36 UTC 2017

progwolff added a comment.

  The W3C recommendation you referenced has an online tool to check specific colors: http://juicystudio.com/services/luminositycontrastratio.php#specify

  Current breeze colors give

  There are also studies that warn against using too high contrast in text. For example https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ricardo_Baeza-Yates/publication/239761586_Layout_guidelines_for_web_text_and_a_web_service_to_improve_accessibility_for_dyslexics/links/02e7e53313bbc5c9bc000000.pdf

  > The most favorited color pair chosen by our participants
  >  (yellow/black) has the highest contrast color combination,
  >  which is not consistent with [4], that recommends to avoid
  >  high contrast. Moreover, according to [33] such high con-
  >  trast creates so much vibration that it diminishes readabil-
  >  ity. Our explanation is that this pair was chosen because
  >  it is the one that has the highest contrast so it seems more
  >  readable at first sight although eye tracker data showed that
  >  it was actually the hardest contrast to read.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze