D8250: [client] Drop the checks for platformName being "wayland"

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 11 15:39:15 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: Frameworks, KWin, Flatpak.
Restricted Application added projects: Plasma on Wayland, Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  There are also QPA's which are "wayland" but have a different name. An
  example is flatpak. Any code using KWayland::Client is basically
  disabled on this platform due to the incorrect checks for the platform
  name.

  If we run on a platform which provides wl_display through the native
  interface we should be able to assume that it truly is Wayland and that
  it speaks wayland. Similar for all the other checks. The only
  problematic code might be the check in Surface, but on the other hand we
  can assume that code using Surface::fromWindow has also created a
  ConnectionThread and thus knows whether it's Wayland or not.

  This fixes the Plasma integration for flatpak.

TEST PLAN
  Flatpak windows have decorations in Plasma now.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland

BRANCH
  drop-platform-check