Plasma 5.12 goal: let's get Wayland ready!

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Oct 11 15:16:51 UTC 2017

Am 2017-10-11 12:30, schrieb David Edmundson:
>> I want to put out a development goal for the Plasma team for the
> upcoming 5.12 cycle: let's get Wayland ready!
>
> Sure, but being an LTS, the "do LTS stuff" goal also needs to remain
> in full effect.

I think that goes hand in hand and is actually why I proposed it now. If
we focus on bug fixing and polishing, polishing the Wayland experience
is just part of it.

For the record: I will not exclude KWin/Wayland from the LTS promise in
5.12. I think KWin is there from the stability and code-reshuffling
perspective :-)

Cheers
Martin