recap on failing plasma-frameworks tests on CI

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Oct 9 15:09:26 UTC 2017

Am 2017-10-09 16:53, schrieb Marco Martin:
> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 2:45 PM, David Edmundson
> <david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
>> The "breaking" change in p-f is the one that bumps the version.
>>
>> It then enables 7af93dd23873d0b9cdbac192949e7e5114940aa6 in
>> extra-cmake-modules
>>
>>     Set CMAKE_*_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY to run tests without installing.
>>
>> For compatbility this only gets set when frameworks switch to version
>> 5.38
>>
>> I wouldn't focus on fixing p-f, but kpackage. Which we know has a
>> clones of
>> packagestructuretest/fallbackpackagetest which are simpler. They are
>> also
>> failing starting on the same date.
>
> trying to understand what's going on there now, for me kpackage
> locally never fails even with tests binaries in the new location (and
> also even if kpackage is not installed)

You need to do a completely new build dir. The problem is that the new
ECM compiles all binaries into one directory. So if you run a test from
that directory and you had paths coded in, it cannot find the binaries
it needs. But, if you still have the old build tree around, it still
finds them and doesn't fail.

So get rid of the build dir. Best also get rid of all installed files
when running the tests, so that it doesn't pick up them.

Personally I think it's a mess and I think it's really bad that just
requiring a new frameworks enables that for all.

Cheers
Martin