D8159: Add API for setting server decoration palettes

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 6 14:21:39 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  I'm fine with the change, but when I thought about it, I was wondering whether it would be better to have a dedicated interface. There is at least one other Wayland compositor out there which implements the protocol and I got several requests about upstreaming it. So if at some day it ends up in wayland-protocols I think this request would be too Plasma/KWin specific with a reference to the KColorScheme path. On the other hand one can consider it a point for future as we have to change the code anyway if it ever gets upstreamed.

INLINE COMMENTS

> server_decoration.cpp:291
> +    Q_ASSERT(d->serversidedecoration.isValid());
> +    if(wl_proxy_get_version(d->serversidedecoration) < ORG_KDE_KWIN_SERVER_DECORATION_SET_PALETTE_SINCE_VERSION) {
> +        return;

nitpick: missing whitespace

> server_decoration_interface.h:147
> +     */
> +    void paletteChanged(const QString &paletteName);
> +

is it a paletteName or palettePath? IIRC we set complete paths?

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland