D8787: Fix PWD dialog

Kees vd Broek noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 29 09:47:45 UTC 2017

cryptodude added a comment.

  Welcome back :)

  > Replace the text in the 'error' label with 'Failed to open: %1'

  Ah, that is an improvement indeed. Will do.

  > Replace the two labels with a single one

  Let me explain why I separated them, then you can decide if it was a good call or you still want to have it in one label.
  The patch I created has one text and one label which we hard-code and translate. It is important that this text is used to set the width of the dialog.
  The second label is essentially user-provided. The actual vault name. I set that label to have its width ignored, as such if the user sets a 1000 char name, this will not grow the window width.

  As such, your suggestion combined with a very wide vault name would end up making the dialog bigger, potentially even making the Ok button invisible (out of screen).

REPOSITORY
  R845 Plasma Vault