D8641: FormLayout

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 28 10:48:08 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> hein wrote in FormLayout.qml:66
> Should it be centralized or ...?

I don't think so, reasons for switching to one or the other are different.
this one is purely wether the contents fit or not, the global one for the app which is how many columns are shown in the pagerow is depending on a fixed size in gridunits, tough if this depended only from that it may lead to layouting bugs, as when the label+field don't fit in a single line it's absolutely necessary it switches to the compact mode.
on some forms it will tens more to switch, in germal it will end up more in compact... but if it doesn't fit it doesn't fit (the alternative would be i guess to elide labels, but i think it's worse?)

> hein wrote in mnemonicattached.h:162
> Ah, ok, I guess I thought window-level stuff might happen there.

yeah, i plan to add another granularity level to separe mnemonics per-window but since adds more complexity, i agreed beforehand to not make the diff grow more, so i'll push this beforehand and then give it the per-window support

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami