D6764: Add font size setting to the digital clock plasmoid

Diego Gangl noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 26 23:49:03 UTC 2017

januz added a comment.

  So, I've been fighting with this for a few weekends already and I just can't get it to work reliably with a relative scale. The spacing goes all wonk and sometimes the labels' font size don't change the way you expect them to (probably because of the maze of bindings).

  I got frustrated and started writing a quick proof-of-concept rewrite, and it's working pretty well so far.  Instead of using a grid + 3 labels (and some "helper" elements), the new code uses a single label. All the magic happens in the label's text. You can check the code here:
  https://github.com/diegogangl/digital_clock_r/blob/master/package/contents/ui/ClockLabel.qml

  There's a lot missing of course, but I could finish/polish it and submit a patch. Custom date formats could also be doable with this code. What do you guys think? Would you be interested in a rewrite patch?