D8641: FormLayout

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 14 13:45:48 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  I like the idea of the attached mnemonic handler, it's good that you've kept it separate from the form layout.

  > i'll look at the algorythm to see if is reusable

  Can we try to avoid having a diff that keeps growing and growing with features.
  We'll end up with bugs in the original form part not getting seen.

  It should be easy to keep these mostly separate.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in FormLayout.qml:113
> any example how a groupbox looks in flat mode?

Flat mode:

main page of current mouse KCM:
button order, icons.

> formlayoutattached.h:33
> +    Q_PROPERTY(bool isSection READ isSection WRITE setIsSection NOTIFY isSectionChanged)
> +    Q_PROPERTY(QQuickItem *buddyFor READ buddyFor NOTIFY buddyForChanged)
> +

constant

> mnemonicattached.cpp:30
> +{
> +    qApp->installEventFilter(this);
> +}

we can filter the window, instead of the app.

It's massively faster; qapp gets a lot of stuff.

> mnemonicattached.cpp:49
> +
> +    if (e->type() == QEvent::KeyPress) {
> +        QKeyEvent *ke = static_cast<QKeyEvent *>(e);

Note that the alt to show is a Breeze special feature for widgets.

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami