D8796: Support dynamic output enabling/disabling from KScreen

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 13 21:49:21 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > Does KScreen allow to disable all screens?

  The user gets a prompt "are you sure you want to disable all outputs?"
  If they press  the "I'm an idiot" button, then it will.

  > and if yes: how does KWin behave in this case?

  Very badly.

  > How will the Qt QPA behave:

  Very badly.

  > Ignore the request as "probably temporary"

  In theory, we should get atomic batched the change requests from kscreen. There's no reason for it to do that.

  ----

  I'll make it never remove the last screen.
  If I make it process any changes for currently disabled screens first, that should handle atomicly switching monitors nicely.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin