D8641: FormLayout

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 13 17:14:09 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in FormLayout.qml:113
> I'd like it if we can make this on the desktop style look the same as QGroupBox looks in flat mode. Even if that means changing our QStyle.
>
> Currently this means spanning both columns and then centre aligning.

any example how a groupbox looks in flat mode?

> davidedmundson wrote in FormLayout.qml:120
> why are we giving it a height if it's empty?

to recycle it as spacer if there is no text (instantiating a different item if there is no label would be both more complex and wouldn't allow for change at runtime)

> davidedmundson wrote in FormLayout.qml:121-123
> What's the rationale for this "if buddy.height > height *2" stuff?

when the item is very tall (for instance a columnlayout of other items such as is necessary for radiobuttons to work) to align the label at top instead at the middle, which looks weird

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami