D8770: Resolve the input method issue by always force focus in search field.

Xuetian Weng noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 12 10:26:22 UTC 2017

xuetianweng created this revision.
xuetianweng added reviewers: hein, mart.

REVISION SUMMARY
  ActivityManager.qml doesn't have input method issue because the initial
  focus is inside the text field. So here we try to apply the same logic.
  Always force focus into the text field first, and handle the rest of key
  event accordingly. So we don't need to use event.text to append or do
  anything special, because event.text is not a input method compatible
  way to handle input.

TEST PLAN
  Manually test arrow key navigation. Also test input method typing is enabled
  when menu is opened.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/kickoff/package/contents/ui/FullRepresentation.qml
  applets/kickoff/package/contents/ui/Header.qml