D8748: [libinput] Find screen for touch screen devices and calibrate accordingly

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 10 21:31:16 UTC 2017

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in connection.cpp:395
> not that it's a problem, but why?
> You have screens mocked already.

It's failing to compile in tests/ directory. There I don't have the mockscreens, so I didn't think of it. Will try with the mockscreens. Thanks for the suggestion.

> davidedmundson wrote in connection.cpp:488
> you're not updating in deviceAdded(), so hypothetically if one adds a touch screen at runtime, and plugs in the HDMI cable before the USB cable it won't have the right screen.
>
> You could put this method (and the screens changed connect) in Device as you're not doing anything with Connection in this method.

> You could put this method (and the screens changed connect) in Device as you're not doing anything with Connection in this method.

I didn't want to add the screens dependency to Device. I need it in Connection for the touch point translation, so I added it there. Device itself doesn't have any dependencies of KWin yet, Connection is kind of the "firewall" between them.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin