D8699: Support automatic screen rotation based on orientation sensor

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 7 17:59:16 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  I don't see how the interaction with KScreen is going to work; you rotate the screen in kscreen, kscreen will consider that a completely different config change and save it.
  Then we completely lose track of what comes from a user setting and what doesn't.

  The only way I can see it working is if we don't update the OutputDevice when the rotation was triggered by kwin.
  (or it gains an 'auto' enum value which kscreen-daemon ignores)

INLINE COMMENTS

> drm_output.cpp:282
> +            [this] {
> +                connect(screens()->orientationSensor(), &OrientationSensor::orientationChanged, this, &DrmOutput::automaticRotation);

what about the the initial position?

BRANCH
  automatic-rotation