Need help: vertical screen rotation!

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 7 17:27:04 UTC 2017

On maandag 6 november 2017 16:54:26 CET Martin Flöser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently working on screen rotation on Wayland. Unfortunately my
> systems do not support vertical rotation (rotate by 90 or 270
> degrees). Thus I do not know whether my code works or what needs
> fixing.
>
> I need someone who has a system which supports vertical screens to
> test my code and report back what works and what doesn't. Perfect
> would be to be willing to test patches or even try some patches.
>
> If you know someone with such a setup who might not read this mail:
> please poke them. All required code is in current KWin master. The
> rotation can be selected through KScreen KCM.
>
> Please note that the system requires atomic modesetting support. This
> might need to be activated in the kernel. For example in Ubuntu 16.04
> with Intel driver it is not activated out of the box, on Debian
> testing it is.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help!
>
> Martin

upside down works, 90 and 270 do nothing on my system.

Debian Unstable
Linux manta 4.13.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.13.4-1 (2017-10-01) x86_64
GNU/ Linux

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 620
(rev 02)

I think above satisfies the requirements for AMS? Anything I can test?
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org