D8641: FormLayout

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 7 09:27:05 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in FormLayout.qml:8
> Why do we inherit from Control?

I tend to have them controls by default as they have the padding properties that can be very convenient sometimes (as well, if one needs to put a background on the back of it for whatever reason)

> davidedmundson wrote in formlayoutattached.h:40
> That's a really clever idea; it makes it very flexible so a phone layout could have the labels on top ++++
>
> so I'm a bit surprised that the FormLayout.qml is an object, and not a template; I think it's throwing away an opportunity.

at the moment it automatically switches based on the width..
but maybe indeed better to make it a template and force two columns on desktop (on mobile, still automatic i guess, for phone/tablet, or even just portait/landscape phone

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami