Need help: vertical screen rotation!

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Nov 6 15:54:26 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am currently working on screen rotation on Wayland. Unfortunately my
systems do not support vertical rotation (rotate by 90 or 270 degrees).
Thus I do not know whether my code works or what needs fixing.

I need someone who has a system which supports vertical screens to test
my code and report back what works and what doesn't. Perfect would be to
be willing to test patches or even try some patches.

If you know someone with such a setup who might not read this mail:
please poke them. All required code is in current KWin master. The
rotation can be selected through KScreen KCM.

Please note that the system requires atomic modesetting support. This
might need to be activated in the kernel. For example in Ubuntu 16.04
with Intel driver it is not activated out of the box, on Debian testing
it is.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Martin