D8564: Disallow drop of task manager icons outside of plasmoid when widgets are locked

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 2 16:56:23 UTC 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  I think the question we need to ask ourselves is whether the ability to create .desktop shortcuts  by dragging from the task manager is useful to enough people to outweigh the confusion and frustration to other people caused by unwanted drags.

  As a compromise, maybe we could only start a drag operation if the mouse goes 50-100 pixels beyond the task manager? This is what the macOS Dock does to prevent unwanted drags: If you drag-and-drop within a hundred pixels of the Dock, the icon springs back.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop