D8564: Disallow drop of task manager icons outside of plasmoid when widgets are locked

Emirald Mateli noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 1 17:52:31 UTC 2017

emateli added a comment.

  > Task Manager items are not widgets, it's content, and the widget mutability state should not affect content drags.

  I don't see why it can't. Task manager items can be aware of the panel state if that's needed.

  > "If widgets are locked, stop adding a certain kind of data to the drag" is a pretty bad hack.

  What would you propose? I tried cancelling the drag once it moved outside of the panel but it wouldn't work. Right now the task manager doesnt need the URL list for it's operations to work.
  By removing it, external apps do not accept the drop which is kind of what we want. Also as previously mentioned the only valid drop target I can see for them is the desktop, which in it's current state does not create the shortcut if widgets are locked anyways.

  ---

  Also please help me out here since maybe I'm missing something. But is the dragging around into external applications of `.desktop` files a feature that we want? I always assumed it was a sort of bug or something that was simply not handled since I really don't see a use for it, but I'm also not well versed in everything Plasma does.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop