D8598: WIP: position files at drop target position in folder

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 1 16:51:26 UTC 2017

mwolff created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Remember the drop target position and move the items once they
  become available. This requires us to allow moving while no
  drag image is being shown.

  TODO:

  - how to handle the scenario, where a file gets renamed due to a conflict resolution? the drop target map would be wrong
  - similarly, skipped files would remain in the hash and never be cleaned up...

  In principle, it would also be way better if we could somehow create
  placeholder items for dropped files, which then get updated based
  on the drop job... This would also allow us to give the user some
  nice visual feedback of what's going on. But that would require
  creating items in one of the proxy models, and also tighter
  integration with the dropjob, or so I think. I'll have to investigate
  more.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  wip/lim-2

AFFECTED FILES
  containments/desktop/plugins/folder/foldermodel.cpp
  containments/desktop/plugins/folder/foldermodel.h