D8594: [platforms/drm] Rotate screen if requested from KScreen

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 1 14:59:09 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: KWin, Plasma, subdiff, sebas.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This change hooks up the drm plane rotate with the rotation requests
  from KScreen. Our requests support more than what KScreen exposes in the
  UI, that is all the flipped variants. I do not really understand what
  the flip means, so this is not implemented yet.

  Furthermore this only implements the visual rotation and not the input
  rotation. This means mouse movement and touch input is currently broken
  on a rotated screen.

  Please note that the hardware I used seems to not support the vertical
  rotation. I'm not sure whether my code works. On my system it just
  results in atomic commit errors and we need to go back to a previous
  working state. This is not yet implemented. I need to test the vertical
  rotation on my notebook, which should (in theory) support it.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  drm-forward-rotation