[wayland] some findings about weird shadows in wayland

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:42:40 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 17 May 2017 15:11:05 David Edmundson wrote:
> There was a potentially relevant change in plasma-integration last night.
> Make sure you have that before spending longer on it.
>
> I don't have this issue on my tooltips hovering over the plasmoids in the
> panel.
> Do you have it reproducible on any of the manual dialog tests in
> plasma-framework?

indeed after that patch in plasma-integration tooltips and popup menus seem to
have a correct shadow. so the wrong size in toplevel seems to be fixed by that.

positioning of plasma tooltips still seems to be a bit wonky
(there are still too many intermediate setgeometry indeed, i guess x11 being
async discarded enough of them to make it look better, that's something to fix
in dialog regardless)

and shadows in popup menus seems to appear only the first time the popup
appeared, second time is without shadow

--
Marco Martin