Can plasma_install_package use an absolute path to install a component?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:36:37 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

is it possible for plasma_install_package found inside a CMakeLists.txt
file to install a component (plasmoid, containment, etc.) from an
absolute path?

The issue is the following: In Latte plasmoid we make through CMake some
adjustments in our plasmoid code and  add it in the cmake "build"
directory afterwards. For easiness afterwards we are using
plasma_install_package to install that plasmoid and until now we were
using a static reference to that plasmoid in our build directory, for
example,

plasma_install_package(build/plasmoid/release org.kde.latte.plasmoid)

problem is that in that way we cant use kdesrc-build... I tried:

plasma_install_package(${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/plasmoid/release
org.kde.latte.plasmoid)

but as it appears the plasma_install_package adds by default the
absolute path of the latte source code and the above command fails...

any ideas,

regards,

michail