Packaging for Solus: Plasma Desktop refuses to show up

Federico Damián Schonborn federicodamiansch at gmail.com
Thu May 4 23:53:30 UTC 2017

Hello KDE community!

I'm having a problem to make Plasma Desktop fully run on Solus
(https://solus-project.com). While I'm running the 'plasmashell'
executable it does not give me any error, but also the desktop does not
show up. I can enter to the Plasma session using LightDM, but after the
splash animation I got a blank desktop with where only KRunner and KWin
are working as expected.

All details I can give:

- I can run 'plasmawindowed' as a standalone program and as part of the
KDEConnect Monitor in the MATE Desktop, but not 'plasmashell' (which
also doesn't give me any output).

- The Solus package sources are stored in their Git instance
(https://git.solus-project.com).

- My repository containing the Plasma Desktop package and the missing
Framework needed to run it is stored in a GitHub repo
(https://github.com/feddasch/top-secret).

- The abi_* files in both sources are useful if you want to check for
the libraries that the package builder loads as dependencies.

- I have installed all the frameworks and Plasma components listed in
both repositories.