D5694: activate all suitable launchers instead of only the first encountered

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 3 09:47:34 UTC 2017

sitter created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When using multiple screens, each with a default panel and thus a launcher
  of their own activating only one launcher makes no sense. We do no know
  which screen the user is looking at so we cannot open the most relevant
  menu at which point simply opening all would be the best solution.

  In fact, opening all seems the most reasonable thing to do in all
  circumstances, given we also do not know which menu the user wants to open
  in a single-screen setup with multiple menus. Otherwise we'd be opening
  an inconsistent (potentially wrong) one as the first-encountered launcher,
  which may not be the previous first-encountered one, suddenly changing
  behavior after a reboot.

  To that end also debug when we do not activate a launcher as otherwise it
  is hard to find out why launcher A gets activated but launcher B does not
  so supports and advanced users have a chance to figure out why things are
  going wrong.

TEST PLAN
  opens all launchers now

REPOSITORY