D5245: Desaturate non-responsive windows

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 29 16:12:03 UTC 2017

graesslin requested changes to this revision.
graesslin added a comment.

  Please adjust the autotests/test_*_effectloader.cpp - they would fail as you added an effect. Also please try running all autotests, we have some tests for the kill timeout, so your change might affect those.

INLINE COMMENTS

> decoratedclient.cpp:138-146
> +QString DecoratedClientImpl::caption() const
> +{
> +    QString caption = m_client->caption();
> +    if (m_client->unresponsive()) {
> +        caption += i18nc("Application is not responding, appended to window title", " (Not Responding)");
> +    }
> +    return caption;

instead of moving this into the decoration plugin, you could just adjust the caption directly. We already manipulate it anyway for adding things like (2). The advantage is that it would be available everywhere where we use the caption. E.g. Alt+Tab, PresentWindows...

> effects.cpp:540
> +{
> +    emit windowUnresponsiveChanged(static_cast<Client*>(sender())->effectWindow(), unresponsive);
> +}

no cast on sender in new code please. We don't need this with lambda captures.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin