D5224: [Folder View] Don't break FolderView url binding to configured URL when going home

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 28 15:58:57 UTC 2017

broulik added a comment.

  > So binding to a function returning that prop means when the config prop notifies the function is rerun and the value updated, right?

  Yes, it behaves as if I had written `url: foo` in the markup. When using JavaScript, explicitly assigning a value breaks the binding and the value is fixed to the value at the time of assignment. `Qt.binding(…)` imperatively establishes a binding, when you access the property you get the value back as normal but it updates when its dependants change like any other property

  See https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtqml-syntax-propertybinding.html#creating-property-bindings-from-javascript

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop